April 17, 2012

corn fritters with aged cheddar and arugula

2012.04_corn fritters
Eric and I rearranged furniture this weekend!  It was a completely impromtu adventure that resulted in our kitchen table moving next to a window.  As you can see, we can now readily soak in vitamin D while we ingest all kinds of good stuff from our homemade meals.

I made this dish using a recipe in Local Flavors by Deborah Madison.  The fritters are made of corn kernals mixed with eggs, cheddar cheese, flour, chives, basil, salt, and black pepper and topped with a fresh salad tossed in lemon vinagrette.  I was happy to pair the corn that I canned last summer with the greens that are just starting to show up at the farmers' market!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. I bet it would be even better with fresh summer corn! Must remember this in three months...

    ReplyDelete